Good water bottle for piggie with special needs?

goldenmoo

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello guys!

I have a guinea pig, Momo, with a couple different chronic health issues and want to find a water bottle that really will leak a lot less for her.

She has a head tilt and some balance issues that make her a bit unsteady, but she gets along well and eats and drinks independently. She does grind up her pellets with her teeth and makes a bit of a mess.

I am inclined to think she also unintentionally makes a mess with her water bottle. But, I am not sure if she just got unlucky with many leaky ones in a row (you know how water bottles can be!) I guess both these things could be factors.

Here is the water bottle I am currently using
LIXIT Wide Mouth Small Animal Water Bottle, 8-oz - Chewy.com

I use linens/towel that wicks for her cage and under the bottle. But sometimes it will really get soaked, even with changing it out often, because of how much the water bottle leaks.

Wondering if anyone could share their fave water bottle that might be a good solution! I am in the US, so I guess a seller that is in the US or ships internationally would be preferable :)

Thanks for reading!

I cant really advise with brands in the US as I'm in the UK, however all my special needs piggies drink independently, but they each need/prefer the bottles at different heights to eachother. Some prefer to stabilise themselves by getting the spout right into their mouths whereas some prefer it lower so they can just lick the spout without having to raise or further tilt their heads. Might be worth trying if you haven't/if it isn't the bottles being leaky!

I like these water bottles, I’ve never had one that drips yet. Not sure if you can get them over in US though?
E54824AE-36BF-41D9-A90C-288CF27207E7.webp

I cant really advise with brands in the US as I'm in the UK, however all my special needs piggies drink independently, but they each need/prefer the bottles at different heights to eachother. Some prefer to stabilise themselves by getting the spout right into their mouths whereas some prefer it lower so they can just lick the spout without having to raise or further tilt their heads. Might be worth trying if you haven't/if it isn't the bottles being leaky!
Oh that definitely makes sense - I will try to mess around with it a bit more and see if that helps. Thanks for the great point!

Back