Good Temporary Cages

• Thread starter Thread starter DM030819
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DM030819

Hi everyone.

I've used C& C cages for years now so aren't sure which ready made cages are good to use.

I need 2 cages. One is for my bladder sludge arthritic boar. It would be temporary accommodation for my boyfriend to use when I'm away visiting my family as he can't reach into his C&C cage as he has a bad back.

The second one is for a pair of boys. They get on okay, but aren't the best of friends. Their permanent home is a 2x7 C&C. We're getting pressured by my boyfriends family to stay over. They have 2 small children so I don't fancy taking any C&C grids with me. So I'm looking for something to keep the kids out of, but also big enough so the pigs don't get into arguments,

Ive a Liberta 150 cm x 77cm that i use for my boys,pet planet ,sell them on line.also use large pop up pen from zooplus when i travel,because you can fold it up,they are sturdy,have a place for water bottle,and zip in floor that can be placed in washing machine.x

Just one other suggestion.
If you will only be staying overnight at your boyfriends then I wold be tempted to leave your 2 boars at home.
For one night they should be fine and maybe you can have a neighbour of friend pop in to freshen hay and water.
If you are worried you can always set up a piggie cam - I know a few people on here use them.

Thank you! :D

I have a PigCam already, my boyfriend likes me to use it when I'm away and he's looking after the pigs. He's still gets really worried about them, despite looking after them for 3+ years now, so likes me to have check up on them. PigCam is brilliant. It's handy for warm weather too, I can see how they're doing whilst at work.

Your boyfriend sounds wonderful - I love that he obviously appreciates how special your piggies are to you :nod:
I don't suppose he fancies a pig sitting job in Switzerland ;)

I am interested in this too. We are due to have some decorating done and I am going to de camp to my parents with the kids so we are out the way. I am going to take the piggies with us as I don't want them being around all the dust and paint plus my husband isn't confident in looking after them. I want a cage because my parents have a dog - rather than a pop up. But I want it big enough so the girls are ok for a few days (probably about a week max).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back