Good outdoor hutches?

Wheek!Wheek!

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi there! We have a bluebell Hutch from p@h complete with holes, leaks and surface mould. I can't seem to find any good ones which will survive outside and stay in one piece- we can't keep David indoors due to space and allergies. Does anyone know of a good quality non-expensive outdoor hutch for 1 boar which doesn't take up much space (we have small garden)?
Thanks so much in advance!
Amelie

Thank you so so much 🥰 we've found the perfect one, I will ask for it for my birthday

Sadly that’s too small even for a single piggy and doesn’t meet welfare requirements. It only measures 90x37cm internally. The smallest hutch size a single piggy should be in is 120x60cm.

The run space cannot be counted as it doesn’t form their living space.
I’ve checked all of the versions of the Orpington available on the H&R website and none of them are suitable - even the 4ft one comes in far too small at only 115x37cm. Plus, they look to be made with thin wood so may not last anyway.
You are better off to spend more money and get a decent one with bigger measurements and thicker wood such as this one on the H&R website
5ft Chartwell Single Rabbit Hutch | Free Shipping

Last edited:
Thank you! I think we are going to buy a bunny business hutch for him if the seller lets us have it. If not we will look in to this one
Thank you
Amelie

Please make sure it measures 120x60cm as minimum. The bigger the better though.

Back