Good Online Websites For Supplies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BubblesPiggies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi
I was wondering if anyone knows any good discount online store for supplies. I want to get lots of new things for my piggies when i get them without being completley dependent on my parents to buy everything for them. They will be my pets therefore i feel its important to contribute towards themx

Do you have an industrial estate where your from? Usually they have a pet place that sells things in bulk :) it can work out cheaper. If your adopting some piggies they may give u they're old toys and anything spare they have. I got everything with MoMo a cage toys and food:) a lot of people on this website use zooplus x

The main things are drinking bottles, bowls and perhaps a hay trough...you can use cardboard boxes and paper bags if you want to keep things cheap.
I don't think there are huge savings to be made on water bottles though.

Reactions: Tim
i use vet uk,water bottles are £1.12,viovet and zooplus,but you can use cardboard boxes as hides,wrap food parcels with newspaper,split a toilet roll and place hay in.good luck with your piggies,it is an exciting time.

Reactions: Tim
I have spent a lot on my boys getting them toys and things.:evil: But their absolutely favourite toys are ............................,. Yep you've guessed it. CARDBOARD BOXES Lol :nod: I cut holes in them for them to run through. They also love toilet roll tubes. And brown paper bags stuffed with hay. Or balls of screwed up paper. :xd: Good luck when you get your new arrivals.

Do you have an industrial estate where your from? Usually they have a pet place that sells things in bulk :) it can work out cheaper. If your adopting some piggies they may give you they're old toys and anything spare they have. I got everything with MoMo a cage toys and food:) a lot of people on this website use zooplus x
I'm not sure about the industrial will have a look on zooplusx look. Also eill

eBay and amazon are a life saver also pound stretcher if your in the UK x

The main things are drinking bottles, bowls and perhaps a hay trough...you can use cardboard boxes and paper bags if you want to keep things cheap.
I don't think there are huge savings to be made on water bottles though.

i use vet uk,water bottles are £1.12,viovet and zooplus,but you can use cardboard boxes as hides,wrap food parcels with newspaper,split a toilet roll and place hay in.good luck with your piggies,it is an exciting time.

I have spent a lot on my boys getting them toys and things.:evil: But their absolutely favourite toys are ............................,. Yep you've guessed it. CARDBOARD BOXES Lol :nod: I cut holes in them for them to run through. They also love toilet roll tubes. And brown paper bags stuffed with hay. Or balls of screwed up paper. :xd: Good luck when you get your new arrivals.
Thanks for all the suggestionsxx will have a look on some websites tomorrow. Have heard about viovet. Any opinions?

I've noticed the hay experts Natural Hays Rabbit Supplies | The Hay Experts can sell some cheap chew toys, but you do have to look. They also sell Oxbow and Alfafa king timothy hay which is very good quality and is much cheaper overall bought in the 11kg and 22kg bales. It's about £39 for Alfafa King at 11kg and £70 for the oxbow at 22kg.

Another good place to get Timothy hay is Timothy Hay | Hay Supplies UK. They sell really cheap hay there. Their hay compared to the Alfafa King hay is a little less softer but all the same it is very good quality and my guinea's love it. But my only reason I don't buy that hay is ....spiders :yikes:. I found I had an increase of those little terrors and it put me off buying the hay for life. But if your not scared of spiders...then I would definitely purchase the hay fro there as it is only £19.50 for 10kg or £37 for 20kg.

..and most of all congratulations on your new piggies....hope you have lots of happy times ahead! :)) :))

Hay wise, I buy 5 3.5kg bags of meadow hay for just under £20 (free delivery) from NaturesOwnPets and it's the best hay, and best value, I've found. It's dust extracted, organic and from their own farm and others using traditional hay fields that haven't been resown for decades. Always a mix of hay types for my piggies to choose from and really a very low amount of non-hay (moss etc) especially concidering it's organic. The strands are nice and long too for burrowing.

The only other website I tend to use is zooplus for their pellets as I haven't found a cheeper one!

I've noticed the hay experts Natural Hays Rabbit Supplies | The Hay Experts can sell some cheap chew toys, but you do have to look. They also sell Oxbow and Alfafa king timothy hay which is very good quality and is much cheaper overall bought in the 11kg and 22kg bales. It's about £39 for Alfafa King at 11kg and £70 for the oxbow at 22kg.

Another good place to get Timothy hay is Timothy Hay | Hay Supplies UK. They sell really cheap hay there. Their hay compared to the Alfafa King hay is a little less softer but all the same it is very good quality and my guinea's love it. But my only reason I don't buy that hay is ....spiders :yikes:. I found I had an increase of those little terrors and it put me off buying the hay for life. But if your not scared of spiders...then I would definitely purchase the hay fro there as it is only £19.50 for 10kg or £37 for 20kg.

..and most of all congratulations on your new piggies....hope you have lots of happy times ahead! :)) :))

Hay wise, I buy 5 3.5kg bags of meadow hay for just under £20 (free delivery) from NaturesOwnPets and it's the best hay, and best value, I've found. It's dust extracted, organic and from their own farm and others using traditional hay fields that haven't been resown for decades. Always a mix of hay types for my piggies to choose from and really a very low amount of non-hay (moss etc) especially concidering it's organic. The strands are nice and long too for burrowing.

The only other website I tend to use is zooplus for their pellets as I haven't found a cheeper one!
Thanks for the suggestionsx

@Guineapigfeet thanks for that, you reminded me I used to buy that hay and haven't seen it in the shops recently my old piggys loved it. Have just ordered some, only problem now is, where am I going to store 5 bags of hay :hmm:.

@Guineapigfeet thanks for that, you reminded me I used to buy that hay and haven't seen it in the shops recently my old piggys loved it. Have just ordered some, only problem now is, where am I going to store 5 bags of hay :hmm:.

Yeah, I bought 10 bags of their 5 a day hay from them recently. They used Parcelforce for delivery, which is really nice - getting a concrete delivery date and an hour time frame for delivery is damned useful.

And then I stuck the hay in a spare cupboard, heh.

I'm lucky to have a big metal feed bin from when I had a horse and I keep my hay bags in there (as well as bird food, plant pots and anything else that fits!) as it's weather and mouse proof!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back