Good Book Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziva

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi all

Can anyone recommend a good guinea pig care book?

This forum has been incredible but it can be a bit overwhelming and I'm worried I'll miss something important so I think a book may be a good idea initially!

Cheers! X

(On a completely unrelated note, my partner announced today that he wants to name one of the pigs Optimus Prime. He's 28...)

Sadly, with the recent changes all good books are now pretty much outdated, especially where it comes to housing, dietary advice and especially medical care. We are trying our best to keep up with the current information and stand of knowledge as much as possible here on the forum, hence why it is a bit higgeldy piggeldy in places.

With that in mind, the Guinea Piglopaedia and The Really Useful Guinea Pig Guide by Myra Mahoney seem to be two books with a good general standard of information. Peter Gurney books are also helpful although they are increasingly becoming rather outdated.

Hi all

This forum has been incredible but it can be a bit overwhelming and I'm worried I'll miss something important so I think a book may be a good idea initially!

Cheers! X

(On a completely unrelated note, my partner announced today that he wants to name one of the pigs Optimus Prime. He's 28...)

Optimus Prime a fine name for a piggy. If he had a brother he could call him Ultra Magnus perhaps?

I would recommended printing out the sticky threads from each section and putting them in a folder perhaps :)

Hi all

Cheers! X

Totally mint name and I'm 38!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back