Gonna Be Skinny Pig Mummy Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlewheekers

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have done a lot of research, which you can expect of a new owner of any animal. It's just lots of things did add up, and I know many people on here own skinnies! So I would like your help to tell me the key factors of care with a skinny pig, I will be only getting one and will be bonding with Sula and Poppy.. If all goes well anyway.
I will be using fleece as it's the softest material, and will be trying to make stuff for it when I get a sewing machine! It will be coming to me in June as my birthday present...

TRAVELING
We have found an excellent breeder, I know I would love to rescue but no piggy rescues near me! It will be 2 and 1/2 hours away..

Also wis there any health issues as I know dry skin (how would you get around this?), and anything else.. I want to be well prepared..:yahoo:

I have lots of information but am about to finish my lunchbreak so will come back on tonight when I am home from work.

Basically the main thing with skinnies is to make sure they don't get cold, which is where fleecy cozies come in handy. They have a faster metabolism than hairy pigs and so both eat and poo a lot more. They also tend to be massive divas and big characters. I use Humilac spray from the vets to stop their skin getting dry but it can also be bought online.

Humilac Spray - Pet Drugs Online

Just shout if you need to know anything specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back