going to the toilet in their house, how can I stop this?

• Thread starter Thread starter FluffyFriends
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FluffyFriends

My piggies keep using their pigloo shelter as a toilet. I have tried everything to stop them, washed it and even steralised it to remove any smells, given them two homes, one as a loo and one as a home and they go to the loo in both and then still sleep in it! So, at the moment they have no shelter what so ever in the hope they will get use to going to the loo in the cage not the house! But does any one have any ideas? I really do not like them to be without a home, I worry they have no place to hide if they feel the need to.

Oh should add I have also tried a home with no base so but they still insist in going in it to go to the loo and sleeping in it.

Thats what they all do. As long as it isnt sticking to them, it isnt a problem, and after all, they are pigs :P

Try a corner litter tray with newspaper and bedding in it and change it daily, I have this for one of my cages.

only two of mine do this, it is a bit of pain, but now when they do this, I put fresh hay just in the bedding area and change it everyday, so they are not sleeping on wet blankets!

Has anyone got pigs who try to keep everywhere tidy?

Sunshine poops on top of his house (he's in a Nero 3) so it keeps the cage spotless. Makes me laugh so much but I'm forever cleaning it! ;D

SunshineAndTwinkle said:
Has anyone got pigs who try to keep everywhere tidy?
I have! Meg is very tidy, she does all her poos in one spot! And she pees in her potty!
Bless her :smitten:

Violet only goes to the toilet in her house, the rest of the cage is spotless. She is on vetbed so i can lift it out and shake any poo's off so her cage is easy to clean. :)

The girls are ..if you need to poop....poop.....so it's everywhere...Jakie only ever does his business in one corner of the shed,he's a little star :smitten:

Gerty tends to do his in a corner. He never does it on top of his house which is good as that is where his food is kept but he also likes to do them on me!

I put a Nora2 in for Pig-Pog coz she only used to do it in that cornor now she does it every where, so I took the Nora2 out and she now does not poop in that cornor but every where.
None of mine have an area they like most and tiny Pandy poops the most and she does not care where she poops.
You would think out of 9 just one of mine would know pooping in one cornor is best.

Mine tend to pee/poo at the 4 corners of the cage - and when I re-organise their stuff to give them a change, they always move everything so that they can still get into the corners to do their business. They do occasionally poo in their bed but not very often. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back