Going Into The Piggy Room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuineaPigFan15

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just wondering if you should say something when you go into the room that the piggies are in so they don't get spooked? Should you say the same thing over and over again so they know it's you? Or is there no need? Just getting prepared for my piggies in mid-August, in case you're wondering why I'm posting so many threads right now.

I do with Tim and Sophie as Sophie is a very nervous pig. The living room pigs hear me coming before I even get near the door.

My boys are in a hutch just outside the back door I'm sure they know I'm coming to see them when they hear the back door open :) then I call each of their names followed by 'hiya babies' in a soppy way they know it's me from my voice and I see them coming out of the tunnels etc it's a lovely feeling to know they recognise your voice.....its properly more the fact that they see me as their personal chef ha ha

I always call out "Piggies!" before I go in the room. If it's breakfast/dinner time I get a reply :)

i don't talk when i'm just coming in, unless i'm in a talkie mood. but i always say "look what I've got for you!" when bringing them grass and veggies and stuff. so they get all excited.

I always greet mine (in outside shed) with morning / teatime / bedtime boys etc they then run to the door to greet me (actually I'm kidding myself there) they run to the door to see what food I have brought:own:

I always talk to my two. Sometimes they answer with squeaks other times they ignore me. Lol think it's definitely to do with time of day as they know what times they get veggies at. Lol.

I always greet mine too, although they see me coming up the stairs (their room faces the landing) and start squeeking as soon as I near the top step!

Mine are in the most active part of our house so they hear "almost" everything. They wheek at me all the time, if I turn the sink on they think I'm washing veggies lol. I always talk to them throughout the day and give them pets. But if I go over to the pen i always talk to them before I reach in for a pet.

Ours are in the living room and hear us coming downstairs. However, they do get spooked if they are in the kitchen upto no good. Last night Star and Twinkle were up to mischief by the kitchen bin. I voiced "Cage Now!" and they both sprinted from the kitchen through the living room and straight into the cage.

Ours are in the living room and hear us coming downstairs. However, they do get spooked if they are in the kitchen upto no good. Last night Star and Twinkle were up to mischief by the kitchen bin. I voiced "Cage Now!" and they both sprinted from the kitchen through the living room and straight into the cage.

How do you do that?

My piggies will be sharing a room with my hammies. When I enter the room I always say 'Hi the bairns!' bairns being a northern scottish word for kid. Hamsters have bad sight so by saying that they know I am there, so the piggies will have that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back