• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

gizmos in pain (i think!)

• Thread starter Thread starter poppy1775
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

poppy1775

i don't know if i'm posting this the right place but here goes.....

a few days ago gizmo started looking a bit down in the dumps nothing major just a bit withdrawn was still eating and was quite active

anyway tonight when i went to pick him up he squealed really loudly like he was really in pain i was a bit shocked so i put him back in his cage fed them and left them alone for a bit, then when i went to check up on him i tried to lift him as gently as i could but still he squealed like i was stabbing him! :'(

anyone got any ideas? :-\

thanks in advance x :smitten:

No idea at all. Vet is need asap though as pain is serious.
Is he eating and drinking still?

yeah his still eating and drinking i'm going to try and get him to the vet tommorrow x

does he squeal when he wees ? :-\ GOOD LUCK at the vets O0

ohhh i don't know i've got him sitting on my lap at the mo I'm going to put him in his run in a min and wait to see if he wee's as he won't do it on my lap (his fussy like that!) ;D ;D ;D

i just feel so bad for not taking him as soon as i noticed something wrong! :-\

Dont worry about it 0:) I'm sure itll not be something serious O0

Sometimes my pigs scream like bloody murder when I pick them up, and at first I was really worried, but then I realised that I was cornering them and I read in a book that they do that to defend themselves or something.
However as she did it twice, I would guess that she's in pain :-\
Good luck at the vets O0

As its a change in behaviour I'd go to the vets and get them to feel for lumps and bumps. I have one that cries when I pick him up, but when he was ill he made no sound at all, a change in behaviour ::)

Are you sure he does not have mites?,this can make them very sensitive to being touched.

i did notice that he has a patch of something that looks a bit like fungus on the back of his neck and a really red foot with another patch on there so i put some cream on it last night and he seemed a lot happier! i'm going to give him a coconeem melt and a bath tommorrow! :smitten: :smitten:

hoping gizmos is better today, love the movie gremlins, gizmos is soooo cute. hoping there is nothing seriously wrong with your baby. please keep us update, as they say i'll be back! to check for any updates. cheer up, take giz to the vet and have giz checked out. :) :smitten: :smitten:hugs and cuddles to you and gizmos.

awwww thanks for your message i called him that because of his little white bit of hair on top of his head when he was a baby it used to stick up loads!

IMG_0048-1.jpg

:smitten:

What a handsome bloke.

What cream did you put on the foot?..There are several that can be used for sore feet.If the skin is unbroken I use either Waitrose Baby Bottom cream which acts as a barrier against urine,or the pad cream the GG sell.If the skin is cracked I use Calendula cream,and sometimes Topazine on top to form a barrier.

he is a real cutie, hoping he gets better soon, with whatever is the matter with him. sending hugs and prayers your way. please keep us updated on the little cuite pie.
hugs and cuddles to you and gizmos! :) :smitten: :) :smitten:

i used the perfect paws ointment from gorgeous guineas on his foot it seems a lot better now!
i think it might of just put him in a bad mood he was popcorning around the cage at breakfast time!!

hello,
just wondering how little gizmos is today? has he been to the vet yet? sending love and prayers your way for you and gizmos! will keep popping back for any update. hoping all is going well. sending love and cuddles to you and gizmos! :) :) :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

yeah his quite a sensitive little guy. his all better now thankyou we didn't up going to the vet as all his crusty bits are going and the squeeking stopped. i also think there might of been a bit of bullying going on as his lives in a trio so we put a new level in the cage with lots of hiding places and their all getting on a bit better! thank you everyone for your thoughts :smitten: :smitten:

so happy that he is better and has some hidey holes. that is great news and must be a relief to you. good on you and to your babies gizmos and co! :smitten: :smitten: hugs and cuddles :smitten: :smitten:

yeah it is ive never heard a piggie make a noise like it except when getting injections at the vets! his sooooooo much better now! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back