• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

gizmo isnt his normal self please help

• Thread starter Thread starter Anne-Marie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anne-Marie

well the past couple of weeks he is no were near as active as he was. he used to when i put my hand in the cage run over to me to see what i had he isnt bothering too now. he has always made a funny noise a bit like a cough but i've noticed it is getting worse it sounds like a cat coughing up a furball. he is also breathin funny i can tell by the was his chest is moving up and down ints like he is stuggling. he is eating and drinking as usual
at first i though it was th woodshaving so he's been on carefresh for the past three weeks
hes a year and a half so not that old really
if anyone can offer advice it would be gratefully appricaiated

Hi Anne-Marie,

It could be a URI, I would get him to a vets, with him coughing and breathing a little funny it sounds as if he needs some antibiotics.

Good luck with him,

Louise
x

took gizmo the vets this afternoon they have given him ab antibiotic (baytril) and had to go back in two weeks to see how he is doing. i'm glad i've been now and hopefully he is on the mend now

That's good news, did the vet say what the problem was?

Big Piggy hugs to you and Gizmo, I hope he bucks up soon.

Louise
x

Can be a number of ways, I asked my vet this as I lost a pig to a suspected URI, I expect he had other problems but he was treated as having a URI. Cuzzy as on megazorb which is a safe bedding but can be ever so slightly dusty and that can cause it. The day before he got ill I polished all round the house and sprays can cause URI's.

I gave my Damon a URI once by using a plug-in air freshener. I didnt know it was harmful, and I felt so bad!

Sending Gizmo some healing wheeks :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
We'll have our paws crossed for him that the meds help him to recover quickly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back