• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

gizmo is back at vets today

• Thread starter Thread starter tawny
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tawny

to day is the day gizmo has to go back to the vets :-\ feel so nervous.
for those that don't know, gizmo has pneumonia and last week the vet wanted to put him to sleep but i still feel he has a quality of life.

he is rattling but he seems more with it. when he has floor time he has a good walk round and the odd popcorn, he's not just sitting in the corner. he is still eating well and has lost no weight. his lips have not changed colour, so i'm hoping all this is a good sign ?

i have made an appointment with a new vets who also deal with exotic pets, so hopefully at last i will be able to have trust in my vets.

what amazed me was the price difference of consutaion, where i go now i pay £18.50 and even tho gizmo has been going back every couple of weeks the price has stayed the same and yet the clinic is meant to be cheaper than vets

the vets i'm going to is charging £10.69 and if you have to keep revisiting the price of consultation goes down ;) not that money is the issue but i think that £8 difference is alot of money and that if you have to go back regular for revisits the price should go down.

will let you all know how i get on later, fingers crossed, in my heart i really do feel that gizmo is not ready to be put to sleep.

wish us luck

Really hope Gizmo is okay! The £8 could be spent on a treat for Gizmo make him feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back