Girls are coming back in! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ok Little Miss Undecided here, but forgive me as its my first Autumn/Winter with pigs.

I'm bringing the girls back in tomorrow. They are coming in the living room in the big cage for sleeptime of a night and in the day time I have 13 Grids left (not many connectors but we have cable ties and twine I can use so I can make a 4x2 cage for the hall which is draft free. The bonding with myself and the girls is going great, Flora even took some food off me this morning and I thought that was such a huge step for her as she is the most skittish!

So the C&C cage will act as a run! I thought that if they were outisde and not brought in of a night then they would be ok, I was advised not to bring them in of a night as it could cause more colds if putting them out in the day. And now that I've got Megazorb on tap I've noticed no smell in the house. My hall is laminate so is easily cleaned and will use newspaper and hay in the 'run' and clean up every evening. I know it is more work but as long as the girls are snug thats all that matters! I can also store all my bits and bobs for the pigguns in the hutch so it's not as if I'm loosing any space, just moving things around a bit. :)

Will make my C&C cage today with Emily's help she is off school with an ear infection!

Louise
x

Hiya,

Well I've just finished it. The size is just under 4ft by just over 2ft so I feel that is fine. Its like they've never been away, settled right in. I'm knackered now...lol Emily was asleep and when she woke up the girls where inside so she got a nice suprise and now she is reading them a story.

Mum was a bit off over it, but I don't care! :D

Will post pics when I get a minute!

Louise
x

Hi Kath,

Megazorb is a highly absobent bedding for horses you can get it from farm shops, search megazorb on google and some stockists will come up.

Louise
x

Hi Louise
sounds great. O0
Those lucky girlies of yours. :smitten:
Hope Emilys' ear infection clears up soon.
Anne. x

Hi Anne,

Thanks :) Emily is a bit better, feel sorry for her as she loves school, it only started as a cold as well but she should be alright by Monday!

The girls haven't shut up since I brought them in, they are muttering to themselves which I've just read means they are content. Outside they never wheeked at all hardly, only Fleur did when she heard me getting the veggies. They were ok in their hutch, in the summer I think perhaps as the temp decreased they got miserable with the cold even though I gave them loads of hay.

I feel better having them in and its lovely hearing all their chat! Not sure Peter will like it though, he doesn't know yet but we talked about it this morning and believed it was for the best bringing them in, but that was in a Nero 3 and not a C&C >:D

Louise
x

Hi All,

Well Peter came home and wasn't happy they were in the hall but I've made their cage slightly smaller just under 4ft by just under 2ft! I can make it slightly larger on the length but will do that in the morning. The girls are overjoyed, wheeking, chatting to one another, wanting us to stroke them, it's brilliant and such a huge improvement.

Louise
x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back