• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Gilly's bits

• Thread starter Thread starter gillypig
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gillypig

Only one of Gilberts testicles has dropped. He is fine in himself other than that, and he wont need them as he is my only piggy and i am not intending to breed him. does anyone think this will be a problem to him?

Amy.x. :smitten:

i dont think so..I'm sure someone else will know, i think its only a problem if you want him neutered? I'm not sure..maybe someone else can help :)

I do not think this will bother him,but just to be on the safe side I would have him checked by a gp friendly vet.There may be an underlying problem.

my rabbit had the same thing and the vet said it could cause cancer at an older age if they didn't desend, so I got him neutered after being advised to.

Maisydaisy is right undecended testies can cause cancer and problems later on in life if they do not drop into the natural position.
I have heard more common in dogs but I am sure Guineas could have it that sometimes only one testical is formed. This operation could cost a bit more than an normal neutering because might have to enter the body cavity to find the missing testical.
Are you sure the testical is missing? All male animals can draw the testicals away when they are cool extra, are you sure he isnt hiding it?

Emma x

He could be, it seems to be more formed than it was i am keeping my eyes on it and planning to speak 2 a gp friendly vet about it.

Amy.x. :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back