Getting The Boys Tonight.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely! Exciting times, congratulations!

Looks fab, could I just ask where you got the hay feeder from? I've been looking for one like that for a while

It's a £1.50 suet bird feeder from pets at home. I just removed the chain and reused the hook

Oh, I think i saw those two on an adoption website not long back! So happy they have a home, if I remember correctly they were on there for a little while, who knows why though how cure they are

Thank you all. Relieved to have the reassurance it's ok for them. Just been out to pick up the veggies they're used to having with the rescue centre so there's that familiarity there.

Only thing I was unsure about was it says in the info I had that pellets were given 'unlimited' but I thought it was 10g-20g per piggie?

Thank you all. Relieved to have the reassurance it's ok for them. Just been out to pick up the veggies they're used to having with the rescue centre so there's that familiarity there.

Only thing I was unsure about was it says in the info I had that pellets were given 'unlimited' but I thought it was 10g-20g per piggie?
Definitely not unlimited pellets. 10-20g is about right

Oh, I think i saw those two on an adoption website not long back! So happy they have a home, if I remember correctly they were on there for a little while, who knows why though how cure they are

These are 13 weeks old and were from litters that were born after 22 females were rescued from a house and only 3 of those females were not pregnant. The boys were put together as they were the only boys in litters of girls so they've kind of grown up together so far.

Your pigs are gorgeous!
Your hutch looks perfect, almost identical to mine!:eek:
Hope your boys love it as much as my girls do!

Some people do unlimited pellets during the fast growth phase (up until 4-6 months old). A lot of what I've read recommends no more than. 40g pellets during fast growth and then down to 10-20g for adults (12+ months).
My 8 week girls only just manage 20g each per day.

Ok that's worth knowing as the boys are 13 weeks. I put 15g each down before we went to pick them up but I'm not expecting them to eat much tonight anyway. I'll see how they go with 15g and if they are finishing them then I'll up them a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back