Getting A Rescue Guinea Pig - Need Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leah Gentle

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a new member; I just joined today. I have a guinea pig that's a few years old. I used to have two guinea pigs, but one of them died... :( So now we have a lonely guinea pig!
I went to Pets At Home to look at the guinea pigs in the Adoption Centre- but there weren't any. There was only a fat rabbit called Leo, who I thought that maybe could be my guinea pig's new friend- but, as I'm sure many of you know, being guinea pig experts :P, rabbits don't pair very well with guinea pigs...

Yeah guinea pigs living with rabbits is a big no-no as the rabbit can seriously harm the piggie. There's a rescue locator up the top of the site, you could see if any are close to you :)

Hi Leah Gentle, Welcome to the forum. You are absolutely right Rabbits and piggies should never live together for lots of reasons including that a rabbit may accidentally hurt a piggie.

We have a rescue locator here which will find your nearest Recommended Guinea Pig Rescue https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/pages/guinea-pig-rescue-locator/ Hope you casn find the perfect friend for your piggie, some of the rescues offer pig dating so your piggie can pick their friend.

Could I ask you to possibly change your avatar as a member already has that one and it may get a little confusing a first glance when reading posts, you come to associate avatars with posters quite quickly on the forum.

Welcome once again :)

Hi Leah Gentle, Welcome to the forum. You are absolutely right Rabbits and piggies should never live together for lots of reasons including that a rabbit may accidentally hurt a piggie.

We have a rescue locator here which will find your nearest Recommended Guinea Pig Rescue https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/pages/guinea-pig-rescue-locator/ Hope you casn find the perfect friend for your piggie, some of the rescues offer pig dating so your piggie can pick their friend.

Could I ask you to possibly change your avatar as a member already has that one and it may get a little confusing a first glance when reading posts, you come to associate avatars with posters quite quickly on the forum.

Welcome once again :)
Thanks for your help, I will check out the rescue locator! :) And don't worry, I'll change my avatar too! :) @Azi Thanks for the help too! :)

Sport billy, is the rescue locator not working again as I can only see a small cross and a blank page?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back