• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Genital problem male, urgent help !!

Rudra chouhana

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Something red is on my guinea pigs genital area, it is looking like it is wound or something but i am not sure, (can be infection). Please help mee! i am not able tto figure out what is this, so please tell what it possible can be as there are no vets in my areaa, please help its urgent. image
he is eating as slightly less but he actually eat less every 2-3 weeks since he was a child so it is not new, there is no sign of lethargies.

I’m afraid we cannot diagnose anything - only a vet can legally diagnose any issue.

He should never be eating less. 80% of their daily food intake needs to be hay.
If you can switch from the normal weekly weight checks and instead weigh him daily, and step in with syringe feeding if he is losing weight

Once your registration on the forum completes, you will be able to add a picture directly to this thread. You will see ‘attach files’ appear below the message box and then you can add a picture

Not Eating, Weight Loss And The Importance Of Syringe Feeding Fibre
All About Syringe Feeding and Medicating Guinea Pigs with Videos and Pictures

Back