• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Gas flue near hutch

• Thread starter Thread starter lesley
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lesley

Hi we have just got 2 piggies anh the hutch is, at present, very near the gas flue from our boiler. I am very worried about this but my husband says its just water vapour and Carbon dioxide. Is it safe?

Gosh I dont really know but I am guessing it would be ok because gas regulations are very strict now and and cant be a risk to human health, so I would say if it is ok for you then it must be ok for the piggies. You could try phoning your gas company and asking though, it wouldnt do any harm and it may put your mind at ease :)

Thanks...have gas man coming on Monday so will ask him...I know people will think I should just move it but it's the best place for protection that we have! Have 2 children who are doting on their new piggies so don't want to take any chances!

Re: Gas flue near hutch Update!

EEEKS! The gas man cometh...took one look at the distance of the flue to the hutch and said it wasn't safe! How terrible did we feel when told there is carbon monoxide in the fumes! Luckily our piggies are fine and, after a heart stopping moment, I realised one was pop-corning - although I confess I had my coat on ready to run to the vet...thank goodness for the forum! Anyway the hutch is moved, although they are spending more and more time indoors!

oh hunny, what a shock! :o they should be ok i think, as long as it wasn't for long. well done for checking and moving straight away! hope you recover from you're shock, and don't feel bad, i can see how you would, cos i'm a right worrier, but don't you've moved them now. well i'm glad i know that, i don't think i would put them near ours, but i def. won't now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back