Garage conversion

PiggyPoo

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi,

If you’ve followed my other post you will know we’ve had 3 surprise babies! We are over the moon and keeping them all. However…. We will need to convert our garage into a beautiful GP sanctuary. I’m getting the builders in to complete the work!

Does anyone have any photos of complete garage conversion? Or ideas to make it wonderful 🥰

Just as I was about to buy a new car 🤷🏽‍♀️🤣 xx

Oh no! Life never seems to quite go to plan but it's really exciting to have new piggies.
We converted our garage at a previous house for the piggies. It already had a window and electricity. They built a stud wall across the door with insulation behind and in front and insulated the internal walls and plaster boarded in front of those. The garage was off the kitchen and already had an insulated ceiling with a bedroom above. We didn't remove the garage door in case anyone in the future wanted to return it to a garage.

Just as I was about to buy a new car 🤷🏽‍♀️🤣 xx

Oh no! Life never seems to quite go to plan but it's really exciting to have new piggies.
We converted our garage at a previous house for the piggies. It already had a window and electricity. They built a stud wall across the door with insulation behind and in front and insulated the internal walls and plaster boarded in front of those. The garage was off the kitchen and already had an insulated ceiling with a bedroom above. We didn't remove the garage door in case anyone in the future wanted to return it to a garage.
I’m over the moon 🙊

This sounds a lot like ours! It’s off the kitchen. We need to put the door back in (previous owners bricked it up) It’s got a bedroom above.

Would need a window putting in as well as full insulation! Not a quick job but needs doing anyway. We moved in 2 years this October xx

This is not going happen half as quickly as I would like it to (like next week!).

I’m waiting on work men (and family helpers who have the audacity to be on holiday! 😂).

In the meantime I have XL 140 cage (which I still feel is inadequate but what can you do!).

I done a tip run today to get rid of some stuff so atleast some progress is happening! Xx

Back