Games to play with piggies?

Piggiefordayssss

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have been wanting some games to play with my piggy Biccy because she gets a bit agitated and bored when her sister and her are always together so I sometimes have a quick cuddle but I was wondering if you have any games I could play with her that involve food? Something like find the treat or jump up? 😃 thanks!👍

:agr:
The best entertainment for a guinea pig is another guinea pig! They will not be bored if they are together. If their bond is functional then they shouldn’t be getting overly agitated with each other.

Do look at the enrichment thread siikibam has linked in.

I have been wanting some games to play with my piggy Biccy because she gets a bit agitated and bored when her sister and her are always together so I sometimes have a quick cuddle but I was wondering if you have any games I could play with her that involve food? Something like find the treat or jump up? 😃 thanks!👍
Maybe tunnels? My piggies love tunnels. Maybe you can put their favorite food at the end of the tunnel to encourage them to go through it? You could buy a tunnel or make one (see the image below). I made one from a cardboard box, I just cut the bottom, made 2 openings, and added a sky roof (optional). Maybe hide food in areas so they can search for it? And also, I have a paper towel roll that I sometimes put hay into so that they can eat from there.

Attachments

• PEEKABOO HEHEEHEH.webp
    PEEKABOO HEHEEHEH.webp
    21.6 KB · Views: 4
  • butterscotch.webp
    butterscotch.webp
    30.5 KB · Views: 4
We scatter food in a safe environment and let them forage around and find it. Most 'games' that pigs enjoy seem to involve finding and eating food in some way!

Guinea pigs love the find a treat "game" ... the less finding and more eating the better in their books. But in seriousness, you can place goodies around and they will run around to munch them. You can get them to come to you that way, too, and they may eventually come when called without the treat (but hoping for food). We had one piggy that you'd call him, and he'd waddle right after you ... though thresholds were scary, haha.

Back