• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Gaining Weight

• Thread starter Thread starter flm1977
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flm1977

I weighed Bob this afternoon, at approx 8-9 weeks old he is 350g.
Is this a good weigh for his age?
And how much weight should I expect hiim to gain over a week/month?

That's a good question i'd like to know this too, mine are about the same, 8-9 possibly even 10 weeks and weigh 450g (fatty bumble) and 380g (little bee) x

As long as they are gaining a bit each wheek then there's nothing to worry about. I only work in pounds and ounces so have no idea how much this is really :) Just weigh regularly to make sure the weight is constant/increasing.

Okay thanks :) the vet said these were good weights for their age but then i dont quite know how cavy savvy my vet is yet so better to ask people on here who have experience with piggies! x

Hiya,

I'd say that was about right. Cuzzy my Sheltie is now 14 weeks and last week he was 380g. He was pretty small when I got him but seems to be putting on a growth spurt right now. As long as Bob is gaining that is the main thing!

Louise
:)

Cheers!
Karen, Bob's less than 1 lb :smitten:

I weighed John Anderson too and he's not as big as I thought he would be, he's 2lb 4oz.

It depends on JAs size but a lot of boars are that weight, just weigh him regularly and note any changes (decreases). Bob sounds an OK weight :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back