Furniture to put a 5x2 C&C on

GuineaNovice

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi! I was wondering if anyone could recommend any furniture to put my 5x2 C&C on? I currently have it a trestle table but i'm looking for a cabinet (something I can close the door on so I don't have to see all the guinea bits all the time :lol:)

The dimensions are L: 181cm, W: 74.5cm, H: 71cm (so awkward!)

It would be nice to have a cabinet with doors that size to hide everything. I watch the thread with interest.

I have a 2x4 adjoining a 2x5 cage at the moment, and have the cage on a grid stand, with square storage boxes underneath at the front of the cage.
Under the back of the cage, which is away from the wall, I store their big carrier out of sight.
I have a 280 litre pale grey, lidded, garden storage box from Argos in my sitting room, to store hay. So their stuff is hidden and tidy, in theory! 😊

It would be nice to have a cabinet with doors that size to hide everything. I watch the thread with interest.

I have a 2x4 adjoining a 2x5 cage at the moment, and have the cage on a grid stand, with square storage boxes underneath at the front of the cage.
Under the back of the cage, which is away from the wall, I store their big carrier out of sight.
I have a 280 litre pale grey, lidded, garden storage box from Argos in my sitting room, to store hay. So their stuff is hidden and tidy, in theory! 😊

All I could find was this Low Quad Cupboard but it comes to about £500 - and you have to assemble and paint it yourself!

I have my 5x2 cages on a fully extended Ikea Vangsta table.
I would suggest looking somewhere that sells table tops (like Ikea) as these can be secured on top of a storage unit or mounted on the legs of your choice.
Maybe search something like modular furniture?

I have my 5x2 cages on a fully extended Ikea Vangsta table.
I would suggest looking somewhere that sells table tops (like Ikea) as these can be secured on top of a storage unit or mounted on the legs of your choice.
Maybe search something like modular
Yes I'm about to get a very wide IKEA gaming DESK for my son, custom table/desk tops which can be fixed to drawer units. If they could be fitted to big storage units with doors, that'd fit the bill.

Yes I'm about to get a very wide IKEA gaming DESK for my son, custom table/desk tops which can be fixed to drawer units. If they could be fitted to big storage units with doors, that'd fit the bill.
Their tv storage units (Besta) could also work if two were used side by side. The downside is they are a bit narrow (only 42cm wide), but a cm or two overhang shouldn't be an issue with a grid base that is cable tied securely.

We have our cc cage on 2 ikea Kallax storage units, then 2 triangular units at the ends. This fits in our bay window, and gives us a trapezoid shaped cage and base. Its a bit tricky getting to that back storage unit, but I stash stuff used less often in it.

We have our cage on IKEA stuva toy boxes (think they have different name now). Ours are in a ferplast cage extended to 2m but they’re narrower than c&c. I love them as all Guinean pig stuff is tucked away in toy box neatly
Perhaps 2 of these with a wider sheet of mdf/ table top over them to accommodate wider cage.

Back