• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Fur loss behind ears, is it normal?

Layla313

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
One of my boars has bald spots behind his ears which I am not sure if they are normal. my other boar has fur behind them so I don't really know if its normal.

Do any of you guys know if it is/isn't?
Let me know if you want pictures

Pigs do have symmetrical patches without fur behind their ears naturally (it can be a lot more noticeable in some pigs than others.) If they're symmetrical patches and the skin isn't inflamed, I think this is normal. I have one short-haired pig (easily visible spots behind the ears) and a much shaggier pig (much harder to find those spots) and both are fine/normal. Hope this helps!

I agree with Freela. Symmetrical bald spots behind both the ears are normal - the bald spot on some piggies is more prominent than on others

Back