Fungal infection bedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm treating my piggies for a fungal infection. I used to use newspaper then woodshavings on top with hay. But i have stopped using the woodshavings because it might dry out there skin again. So what bedding should i use? Thats quite cheap? Because ive tryed hay + newspaper but it just goes into a soggy mess,.
Katiexx

spice and honeys mummy said:
I'm treating my piggies for a fungal infection. I used to use newspaper then woodshavings on top with hay. But i have stopped using the woodshavings because it might dry out there skin again. So what bedding should i use? Thats quite cheap? Because ive tryed hay + newspaper but it just goes into a soggy mess,.
Katiexx

Hi Katie
I use Russel Rabbit short cropped straw on newspaper, it's lovely & soft & costs £2.08 a bale from Wilkinsons :)

If you have a car, you could try aubiose which you can usually get from any eqestrian supplier. It is about £7.00 for a 20kg sack. Very absorbent too-great stuff O0

I use Aubiose, my GP's like it and it seems to soak the urine up and keeps the top layer dry. I use it with all my animals. You can order it online as well, but its a bit more expensive with the P+P.

lavenderjade said:
If you have a car, you could try aubiose which you can usually get from any eqestrian supplier. It is about £7.00 for a 20kg sack. Very absorbent too-great stuff O0
Or they sell Megazorb which is fantastic I will never go back to shavings ever ;) It costs £5.65 for a sack not sure on the weight of it

Thanks for your suggestions guys. :)

I got some russel straw - it's so soft .
I also got some cage disinfecant from wilko - bargain
So the hutch is nice and snuggly and clean.
Katie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back