• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

fudge is sad

• Thread starter Thread starter emma2009
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

emma2009

my piggy fudge is currently being treated for mite / fungal infection

and shes still livley and sqeeks wen i cme in and love attention and shes eating and drinking

but wen shes in her cage she sometimes goes over to the back wall and sits facing it ?
does anyone know why ? is she just feeling sorry for herself ;D r is she huffing beacause wen you call her or she hears her food she turns straight round and comes up to peek out her bars love it wen they do it :smitten:
my other piggy nibblet is getting the treatment but isnt doing this shes still running about mad lol :laugh:

any ideas let me know please

Looking hunched and facing a corner can sometime be a sign of pain. Is she still scratching a lot?

She may be fed up with the mites and feeling a bit rough. This can be a sign of them being unwell though but it is good she is still eating. How are the mites now?

A friend of mine had 3 Sow's, when one died the other two hunched together and faced the wall. I was told it was a sign of depression.

i am using GG's neem shapoo and lice and easy chrissie thought it was maybe mites and a fungal infection i think mites are gone and the fungal infection is healing because her skin dosent have as much flakes on it but ive only just started she gets her next wash in neem tonight then again on friday with neem and lice and easy hope shes ok :'(

shes so lovley too i feel so sorry for her and everyday when i get home from work and she hears me her and nibblets start sqeeking lol love them sooooooooooooooooooooooo much :smitten: :smitten:

any ideas of ways to cheer her up ?

Just a thought but have you separated her from her friend(s) because of the mites - Obviously you should but she might just be missing them? Plenty of fuss and cuddles are needed I think.

I'm not sure but it may be that she is feeling rough, what about getting advice from a vet to rule out illness? Don't want to scare you but I wouldn't assume it was just depression.

I agree with S&T if you are worried about her you should take her to the vets.

I have to agree with S&T I would be getting her checked out to make sure there is nothing else wrong with her :-\

nopes her and nibblet are still together and are both being treated my vets away on a cruise :tickedoff: and he dosent have a cover vet becasue hes independent and hes the only good vet in my area he really knows lots about animals including piggys

going to the shop on my way home to buy her favouite veg broccoli and tomatoe :smitten: then wer going to cuddleon the sofa after she gets her bath :smitten:

thanks for all your help everyone ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back