frozen water bottles.. what about the socks?

piggiemummy03x

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
so i’m considering putting some frozen bottles in for my girls but just concerned about them possibly chewing the socks! any ideas on what i can do or do you think it’ll be fine?

It might be fine. I wrap them in a towel or piece of fleece.

My boys generally chew anything but they have never chewed on the towel or fleece.

Not sure if it’s really hot enough yet to need them really?
I tend to put them in when it’s scorching summer time. It’s only 18 degrees here atm and I don’t feel my gang need them yet anyway. Not sure mine would go near the things!

Not sure if it’s really hot enough yet to need them really?
I tend to put them in when it’s scorching summer time. It’s only 18 degrees here atm and I don’t feel my gang need them yet anyway. Not sure mine would go near the things!

yes i’m probably over worrying! my phone also saying 18 degrees but we've got a thermometer outside in the shade saying its 24 degrees! shed is saying 22 degrees so was maybe going to offer the frozen water bottles but do you think hold off?

I’m not using that sort of thing yet. There’s a lot of summer to go!

okay thanks, maybe ill leave it now, i think you’ve said on a previous post once the shed gets to 23/24 thats when they should be out? so no hotter than 23.5 really.. ill keep an eye on it!

okay thanks, maybe ill leave it now, i think you’ve said on a previous post once the shed gets to 23/24 thats when they should be out? so no hotter than 23.5 really.. ill keep an eye on it!

I make sure mine out when the shed is about that temperature (to be honest though they are out most of the time now anyway)

I make sure mine out when the shed is about that temperature (to be honest though they are out most of the time now anyway)

yep thought so, i’m only on 15 minutes of grass time a day so i can’t put them out yet!😫 and because of our crap, unpredictable weather i’ve had to skip days so its going to be a while before i build up all day on the grass!

just bought them in as its gotten to 22.9 degrees in the shed.. outside thermometer saying 24.9?! does anyone know why my thermometers are so much higher than what the weather predicts?! is it 19 degrees outside like the weather says or is my thermometer the one i should be getting my temperatures from?

just bought them in as its gotten to 22.9 degrees in the shed.. outside thermometer saying 24.9?! does anyone know why my thermometers are so much higher than what the weather predicts?! is it 19 degrees outside like the weather says or is my thermometer the one i should be getting my temperatures from?

The weather report is just a general prediction.
Your shed thermometer needs to be the one you go by - it’s what is actually happening at that time

The weather report is just a general prediction.
Your shed thermometer needs to be the one you go by

yep thats no problem, i always go by the shed thermometer, i just can’t believe the outside one is so much hotter than what they predict!

If it is in direct sun it is going to be a lot higher

its in the shade just in front of the other shed we've got (guineas shed built off of original) so essentially its just outside the door of their home! i use it to see obviously how much hotter it is outside as well as nighttime to compare to how cold it got in the pigs shed.

Back