• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

From Joe

exia

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi all piggy experts out there,

I cant name you because my spring was such a mess, but my hooman found so much advice in new and old threads about us tooth-pigs.

It started with a sharp tooth. Nothing severe at all. I was practically fine. Had some antibiotics because I also had an URI and... Well, I gentlemen dont talk about his diarrhea. But I didnt have the best appetite and became more and more lethargic. My hoomans gave me all kinds of mashed things and critical care from a syringe. Thats not normal, I said. I wasnt happy at all with that treatment.

I was really sick and my hoomans prepared for the worse, but I was strong enough to have my tooth fix. When I was sober from the sedation my main-hooman was a bit sceptical. I started to eat by myself but something was just off.

A second vet-visit (torture) was done, and I suddenly was put under GA again! No mental prepare, and this GA was a bit too heavy.
The vet was afraid I wouldnt wake up again. She took alot of tests on me, shaved my legs and belly and was very worried. I woke up, and I was really really drunk. In combination with my shaved legs it was a real hangover. I came home and ate like a horse. Like a drunk on McDonalds at 2am. My main-hooman just cried out of happiness.

Three months later both me, my buddy Bob and the hoomans has recovered a bit. Or, the truth is I havent popcorned this much since I was a baby boy. Its like I'm sososo happy to be alive and well!

Me and my hoomans are so grateful for all the advice we found on this forum. You guys literally saved my main-hooman from breaking apart with worries! ♥️
I will continue to eat alot of hay to trim my teeths the normal way. No more hangovers for me.

Also, my hoomans says it was so heartbreaking to see Bob all sad when I was at the vets. And the look on hos face when I returned home. Well, he tried to hump when I was completely wasted. I wasnt giving my consent at all. He also slept in my house when I was gone. It smelled like Bob!
But okay, Bob is my soulmate. 4,5 years of popcorn and rumble strutt and partly thanks to you guys we will get some more time together.

Love from Joe and his entourage ♥️

IMG_20240531_182921.webp
Guinea pig McDonalds after GA
IMG_20240602_122132~2.webp
Cant stand the smell of my own farts after some weeks with a critical care-diet

IMG_20240531_153136.webp
Waking up from GA number two. So wasted.

IMG_20240517_184330.webp
Critical care time. Very charming!

IMG_20240517_211146.webp
A very poorly little Joe. I look like a stuffed animal here, I know. Very cute!

Hi Joe. I’m so pleased you are feeling well again. ❤️

Joe, I am so pleased that toothy problems have been sorted out and no more drunken bouts from those nasty GA’s lately. Wishing you all the very best, keep eating lots and lots of hay little man

So great to hear that you are feeling well again, Joe! Dental issues are still such a challenge for piggies.

Back