frightened piggy

aurvandil

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi everyone, it’s been a while- i adopted a new piggy in may, a female- i have two others, one male one female, they’re bonded and best friends now after a while, however my boy rumblestruts at everything and nothing, my older girl is not bothered but my new one is a different story

they are all bonded in a 3, they don’t fight with eachother at all but the problem is my new girl, came from an incredibly rough situation of 30 odd piggies kept in tiny cages, she knows nothing of other pigs than absolute fear, ive seen cinnamon(older pig) join her in her bed, just to sit down next to her- and pippa (new pig) wheeks and screams like she’s about to die, she spends all day in her beds- only getting out to eat and drink, ive given her her own little space to eat, drink and sleep, somewhat blocked off from the other two, she is just so frightened

is there anything i can do for her other than splitting them up? they don’t antagonise her at all but they do go near her and she squeaks

Her squeaking and screaming is most likely a sign of submission and not likely fear at all. She is letting the others know that she knows they are above her in the hierarchy and she is accepting her place.
You don’t need to do anything (their bond sounds fine ie no fighting or bullying) and you certainly don’t need to separate them.

Back