Fresh grass that’s gone to seed

Hannah_xx

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Australia, Victoria. (originally from Essex, UK)
Hello!
I was wondering if it was still safe for piggies to have picked grass that has gone to seed? I know seeds are a big no no for pigs so it seems like a silly question. I haven’t been picking any since it’s gone to seed but the herd keep wheeeeeeking at me when I open the back door.. which is where all the grass is, it’s so lovely and green at the moment it seems a shame I can’t give them any now. Unless of course it is still safe? What do we recon brains trust?
IMG_8066.webp

I mean the goblins have always loved a seed head or two (or 200) and their timothy hay is always full of them. If it's fine with hay I'm not sure how it could be wrong with grass?

Yes it’s absolutely fine - it’s their natural diet seeds and all

Wiebke has actually not long ago posted this which will be of help

O
Yes it’s absolutely fine - it’s their natural diet seeds and all

Wiebke has actually not long ago posted this which will be of help

Oh fantastic! I can’t believe I missed that when I’ve been checking over Wiebkes guides recently!
Thanks so much, can’t wait to get picking them grass again tomorrow!

Hello!
I was wondering if it was still safe for piggies to have picked grass that has gone to seed? I know seeds are a big no no for pigs so it seems like a silly question. I haven’t been picking any since it’s gone to seed but the herd keep wheeeeeeking at me when I open the back door.. which is where all the grass is, it’s so lovely and green at the moment it seems a shame I can’t give them any now. Unless of course it is still safe? What do we recon brains trust?
View attachment 258701

Hi

Yes. Grass seeds are not cultivated and have always been part of their natural diet.

Back