Fresh cornflower leaves

alpacasqueak

Forum Donator 2022/23
Reaction score
My two blue cornflower plants (for piggies) have taken over my windowsill, in dire need of trimming back! Very pretty though!
4263D256-63CA-4459-9168-0A6A3C99E21C.webp
Does anyone know if piggles can have the fresh leaves (or whole plant) as well as the flowers? Can’t seem to find anywhere!

My two blue cornflower plants (for piggies) have taken over my windowsill, in dire need of trimming back! Very pretty though!
View attachment 179023
Does anyone know if piggles can have the fresh leaves (or whole plant) as well as the flowers? Can’t seem to find anywhere!
I checked in one of my rabbit forage groups I’m in and buns can eat the whole plant. That’s not entirely answering your question sorry. But mostly what buns can have pigs can have too!

Not seeing any info saying they can't, usually if the flower is safe to eat the leaves are fairly safe too... I saw on a wild forage website that piggy daddy likes to browse that hoomans can eat the young leaves in salads? So probably fine but maybe try small amounts at first just to make sure! Or eat some yourself, when piggy daddy makes wild forage suggestions I always make him try them out himself first then wait 24 hours to see what happens before offering a leaf to the precious piggies!

I checked in one of my rabbit forage groups I’m in and buns can eat the whole plant. That’s not entirely answering your question sorry. But mostly what buns can have pigs can have too!
Thanks for looking, hadn’t thought of looking on bun sites! :doh:x

Not seeing any info saying they can't, usually if the flower is safe to eat the leaves are fairly safe too... I saw on a wild forage website that piggy daddy likes to browse that hoomans can eat the young leaves in salads? So probably fine but maybe try small amounts at first just to make sure! Or eat some yourself, when piggy daddy makes wild forage suggestions I always make him try them out himself first then wait 24 hours to see what happens before offering a leaf to the precious piggies!
Thanks, yes I hadn’t found it on any toxic lists so was hoping they could!
Haha yep always sacrifice the hooman first! :xd: Might give it a try with my lunch!
Shall see what the piggies think tomoz and report back! (Unless I’m dead! :))) :D x

Back