freeroaming

• Thread starter Thread starter DM070421
  • Start date Start date
D

DM070421

hi, i was wondering if anyone could give me tips and tricks on freeroaming? i am, as they say, pigless right now but i will get 3+ pigs after my hamster, i can't afford to build a big cage, like Little Adventurs on YT, so i will freeroam in my room, (i am only 12, i still live with my parents) my room is pretty big if you count my closet, maybe 12 sq. ft?

I’m sorry but you’re too young to be on this forum. The age is 18+ for many reasons including for your protection. You can still read the guides even if you’re not though.

I’m sorry but you’re too young to be on this forum. The age is 18+ for many reasons including for your protection. You can still read the guides even if you’re not though.
uuuuggg, i'm too young for everything :td::soz:

I have a 13 year old daughter so I get why would want to come here for advice and how hard it is when you are too young. Why not ask your parents to make an account so that they can post your questions and then relay our answers to you. That way, you are protected from being on a forum, but you can still find answers to your questions and get advice. Good luck.

I'll reply quick before thread is closed! The big one is that pigs toilet everywhere and can't be trained so free roaming 24/7 means your whole room will be a big potty. Look at the C&C options... the metal grids that can be clicked together are pretty cheap. Have a look at the member's gallery here too for ideas. We have plastic-base Ferplast cages but I cut holes in the sides for piggy doors and took one of the side grids off. Like this:
WIN_20201014_08_26_03_Pro.webp
at this point I had two pigs that got on - now I have 2 neighbouring pairs that don't so I had to pen in one pair while the other gets to roam in the kitchen. So I have 2 cages like this and each has an outside area with fleece enclosed by bars.
4 way grass pile.webp
Your pigs will probably feel safest to have some sort of enclosed cage that is definitely 'their' bit. Then a run area extends that and they will feel free to trot in and out. You can open a gate to have them fully roaming when you are in the room to supervise they are not eating your recharging cables or chewing the matting. And it's safer to pen them in and know where they are at night - you don't want to be nipping to the bathroom and treading on anyone!

Of course it will all depend on whether you have carpet/laminate floor or whatever. As this is my kitchen floor there are tiles underneath so I don't have to line the run with corex or lino - I can just wipe clean.

Good luck. We all understand the frustration under 18s feel - it's just the laws of the land and keeping younglings safe on the web from creeps and all that! Get your parents to open an account here for any questions. Enjoy your piggies!

Back