forage ‘going off’?

piggiemummy03x

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
just found a bag of forage i bought when i first got the girls that i have obviously forgotten about lol! bbe date april 2023.. do you think it’ll still be okay to use? how do you know when its no longer edible?

Attachments

• IMG_1238.webp
    IMG_1238.webp
    94 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1239.webp
    IMG_1239.webp
    28.8 KB · Views: 16
Apart from anything else it is still “in date”. It refers to the end of the month. Even past the dates though I would have no worries about it at all.
oh that’s brilliant i never actually knew that! i normally eat things way past there sell by date myself i just want the best for my girls!🤣

It’s best before dates which don’t necessarily make much difference - just means the items may not be as good quality if you eat beyond the date.
It’s use by dates which must be adhered to otherwise risk getting ill.
Sell by dates aren’t for consumer information.

oh that’s brilliant i never actually knew that! i normally eat things way past there sell by date myself i just want the best for my girls!🤣
I’m the same, I run fast and loose with all of the dates. Best before is a mere suggestion, I’m still here after eating things years beyond (sometimes not the usual colour or quite as full of flavour but fine…). Use by is about safety but I use my judgement and if I’m ill then it’s my own fault. I don’t eat meat so I might be more cautious with that but even then I’ve fed it to my husband 😬

It’s best before dates which don’t necessarily make much difference - just means the items may not be as good quality if you eat beyond the date.
It’s use by dates which must be adhered to otherwise risk getting ill.
Sell by dates aren’t for consumer information.
fabulous thanks for clearing that up!

I’m the same, I run fast and loose with all of the dates. Best before is a mere suggestion, I’m still here after eating things years beyond (sometimes not the usual colour or quite as full of flavour but fine…). Use by is about safety but I use my judgement and if I’m ill then it’s my own fault. I don’t eat meat so I might be more cautious with that but even then I’ve fed it to my husband 😬
completely agree haha! brilliant, he’s still here so can’t be doing much harm haha🤣

Back