For The Sake Of The Pigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizzy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
A guiniea pig fund is a good way to stay on top of vet bills . Hopefuly you may never neen to
Take your pig to the vets, but at least you will have the peice of mind to know its there
And also you will rest esea knowing that you have done your best for these little ones:mal:

It's a good idea. I have a guinea fund that is in a savings account that is only accessible by phoning up or visiting the branch... Which means I can't transfer £20 to my bank account for a takeaway on a Friday night! I thought about getting insurance, but the only insurance I could find had an excess of £70, so with an average vet trip costing us £30, it wasn't worth it. We don't put very much aside every month, but it all adds up and fortunately, has seen us through and meant we don't have to dip into other savings or have a big hit on our bank account when a vet visit is required.

I had money put away.. But with crunchies scans, surgery and fudges xrays.. It all went. I am now £120 a month for all the meds, food, hay, puppy pads and £15- £20 a week in veg. Thats not taking into account the random buys like toys, distinfectant, cloths.. And replacing 2 sets of vet bed each for 2 cages which i done last month. Will need to get adding to the pig fund, but with paying so much out a month- its hard!

:tu: exatley, just reminded me . Some of my vet beds are geting a bit worse for wear :soz:

I need to insure Trufflington tomorrow - Reg is insured through the PDSA - but they only cover you for 1 pig - and I pay £47 a month for Bumble - Bea and Truffle Puffle - it will cost me an extra £14-50 to insure Trufflington - but my vets bills this year came to £2015 - so I have to look at it like paying out for car insurance - couldnt afford to repair my car and someone elses if i had a crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back