For all of us who love Vetbed....take a look a this!

• Thread starter Thread starter KAZ
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I bought! The same guys sell it on eBay - member name fireinvestigationdog, it's a couple of quid cheaper on their eBay listings. I went for the candy floss pink and mulberry colours, v pretty.

I highly recommend that pro fleece. I always use it and the delivery is free too O0 :smitten:

How often do you change your vetbed/pro fleece as I'm thinking of trying this instead of newspaper and it has an excellent reputation?

Do you mean vetbed or profleece? I cant imagine theres much difference and profleece is much cheaper so id go with that x

I paid a bit less for mine on ebay, but I think it was a one-off listing. I'll have to check out pro-fleece on ebay, I'd never heard of it before.

ooo niiiiice! but how much did you pay for your vet beds? i paid £5.00 :-\

I paid nearer to £50 than £5 lol! And it was for their nero 3 which they used for 2weeks ::) doesnt fit in the C&C! will be looking into profleece i think, there is megazorb all over the house constantly and its driving me mad! Where dd you get your vetbed cavylove?

I paid nearly £80.00 for two big pieces of vetbed at P@H which I then cut up into six small pieces. It would cost me about half of this for the pro fleece!

Thanks have just bit the bullet and bought some! Hope the boys like purple :D :D Lesley

:oi just brought pink for the girls and blue for me boys thanks for that :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I've just baught mink and brown :) ended up getting the 5 big ones, my mum wouldnt let me get bright colours because she wants it to match the room! Then i couldnt get white coz it would show stains and couldnt get black because it would show fur ::) she's so fussy! Didnt end up with much choice! thanks for the link! xx

Glad to have helped girls, I will be definately buying some when my vetbed is worn out. I loved all the lovely colours too, I think the mink colour was gorgeous!

My profleece came today :D it would come when I'm in all alone but want to put it in ::) looks like i'll be cleaning the pigs out by myself in a bit! But the profleece looks great, its much softer than the vetbed and i got loads! The colours are great too :) so here's hoping the pigs love it :)

I'm interested in this but coudl you fine ladies give me some advice please?

1) How do you set up your cage with this flleece? I currently have think newspaper down with sawdust and tonnes of fresh hay in the sleep quarters.

2) I mentioned a fleece like material to my missus who was interested but said she wasnt going to put something in the washing machine that was covered in piggie pee! Any advice I can use to counter this arguement?

3) As stuff like vetbed and the puppy fleece lets the urine pass straight through, am I right to assume you still have newspaper underneath so the cage doesnt become too damp?

4) Do you have alternate bits of fleece so you can clean on and the piggies are using another?

Mucho thanks in advance

Daniel

it is fine to put it through the washing machine, a tip is to put everything that needs washing (brush thoroughly first) into an old pillow case and tie up with a twistie, this stops any hair etc: clogging up the machine. it all gets a rinse so is perfectly clean
dont use fabric conditioner as this creates a barrier and stops the wee soaking through to the newspaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back