• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Food to make Spice fat!

• Thread starter Thread starter mum
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mum

Poor little Spice is hopefully over his abscess but needs to put some weight on.He is eating but not as much as my other piggies.I"ve had his teeth checked and they"re ok.I am syringe feeding him with critical care to supplement what he is eating.Is there anything else I can do?I read in a Peter Gurney book to give metatone as it can kick start their appetites,Has anyone tried this?Thanks

a fattening food is oats, apparently you can sprinkle them over the dry food a couple times a week and see if that helps? mine like oats but they are chunky so get them like once a year lol

Hi love :)
Hey Spice you eat up allll your veggies, fruit and pellets and that will really help you O0
I've given Duke metatone a number of times now, the lovely Debbie :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: sent some via the mail to me :smitten: :smitten:
He looks at me weird when i give it too him, but it seems to make him want to eat more O0
Try giving him mushed up pellets as well with some baby food or buy themselves as these have lots of the right nutrients in them :)
Good luck, will have our paws crossed for the little fella, and you too :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back