Food for a bowl?

Skullblits

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
hi all i got two new babies for my 6 year old piggie, her mood has improved alot. but i was wondering if there is some kind of food i could keep in a bowl just to make sure they can all get a snack

I wouldn't leave/give anything other than hay all the time. Access to hay 24/7 is more than enough fun/food for your pigs! (Especially in big piles;))

They can each get 1tbsp of nuggets per pig, once a day, and around 1 cup of veggies a day. They can maybe get forage or some pea flakes every now and again, but 80% of their diet should be hay.

I think the only things they should have unlimited access to is hay and water.
If you'd like to give them something new to chew, consider making a healthy diy treat to keep them busy for a while. Banana smeared cardboard, sprinkled with chopped greens is a great easy-to-make chew.

I wouldn't leave/give anything other than hay all the time. Access to hay 24/7 is more than enough fun/food for your pigs! (Especially in big piles;))

They can each get 1tbsp of nuggets per pig, once a day, and around 1 cup of veggies a day. They can maybe get forage or some pea flakes every now and again, but 80% of their diet should be hay.

Ah thats good then lol thanks

I agree - all they need is constant hay.
Veg and pellets should be kept limited to the amounts piggl has stated

Back