Folding run

weepweeps

Senior Guinea Pig
Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Hi all. I need a folding run for my two boys. I did buy a tiny triangle run and it’s totally pathetic. Too small and hard to catch them. I obviously didn’t think it through when I bought it. 🤦🏻‍♀️. Any recommendations? I want to be able to fold it away. Thanks. 😃

I always find the best ones are bespoke made. It’s a shame you’re so far away from us, I would have got my husband to build you one, he’s great with stuff like that.
I bet there are companies that custom make though :)

We used to have a square folding run just 'off the peg' probs bought online. It did last pretty well for almost 10 years. The problem we had with it though was there were metal clips to bend over and secure the lid. After many uses, they sheared and the lid had to be balanced on top.

That would have been perfectly ok for pig safety, had we not got a dog that loves to eat pig poo! So, with the dog nosing at the sides of the run, this nudged in the folding side, causing the lid to fall in (no harm ever done as we knew the run wasnt safe enough to let the dog in the garden unsupervised with the run in that condition)

We just replaced the run last summer for a non fold one for dog security but we do miss the folding one for storage.

Our run was perfectly ok for a good 5 years I'm sure.

I always find the best ones are bespoke made. It’s a shame you’re so far away from us, I would have got my husband to build you one, he’s great with stuff like that.
I bet there are companies that custom make though :)
That’s another business he needs to start. Lol. Thanks. ❤️

We used to have a square folding run just 'off the peg' probs bought online. It did last pretty well for almost 10 years. The problem we had with it though was there were metal clips to bend over and secure the lid. After many uses, they sheared and the lid had to be balanced on top.

That would have been perfectly ok for pig safety, had we not got a dog that loves to eat pig poo! So, with the dog nosing at the sides of the run, this nudged in the folding side, causing the lid to fall in (no harm ever done as we knew the run wasnt safe enough to let the dog in the garden unsupervised with the run in that condition)

We just replaced the run last summer for a non fold one for dog security but we do miss the folding one for storage.

Our run was perfectly ok for a good 5 years I'm sure.
I have a dog that likes pig poop. 🤢Lol. X

Excellent. Sounds just what I’m looking for. 👍🏻

I've got that one too. In fact the piggies are in it at this very moment.
You can fix the lid to the sides on one side, which helps to keep it rigid, but that means you can't fold it again. I just balance the lid on the top. Been trying to think of some way of clipping the top on when in use, but not succeeded yet ...

I've got that one too. In fact the piggies are in it at this very moment.
You can fix the lid to the sides on one side, which helps to keep it rigid, but that means you can't fold it again. I just balance the lid on the top. Been trying to think of some way of clipping the top on when in use, but not succeeded yet ...
I didn’t fix it on for that reason.

I have this one and I just balance the roof on the top rather than fix it with the screws. It folds up quite small and I can store it away in the shed for the winter. A single duvet just about fits underneath it for days on the patio when they are getting used to grass time. I put the girls in the washing basket when I move the hutch from the grass to the patio. Putting the run on a duvet means I don't have to clean off the patio every night, I just shake the duvet onto the grass and pop it in the washing machine to clean off the wee. I have 2 single duvets so I can alternate them (they are old ones!)

Back