Foil insulation in Aldis!

Do you think piggies would eat it? Could I drape it over the outside? Do you know if it has to go on every surface? Also would I have to take it off in the summer? So many questions. Lol.

Do you think piggies would eat it? Could I drape it over the outside? Do you know if it has to go on every surface? Also would I have to take it off in the summer? So many questions. Lol.
I think @Siikibam has it in the inside of the hutch.

I have it on the floors of hutch with correx. I suppose you could drape it over with a heavier blanket over top.

Insulation works both ways. Keeping it cool in summer and warm in winter. Downside is when the sun hits it, it will blind you so make sure to have something over it if it becomes an issue.

I've attached it to the outside of my hutch and it stayed there during the summer too

Yes, if they can get access to it, then they will chew it!
My piggy hutch is in my shed but it has a proper made thermal cover but it is effectively the same thing.
I bought a roll of foil insulation and out it on the inside of their hutch though as it’s in places they can’t reach - the ceiling, the floor (my hutch has pull out metal trays which I hate and they tend to get chilly, so I’ve insulated the top and bottom of them to hold the warmth from their heatpads in better). I’ve also insulated inside along two walls at one end where their hides are. They cannot get to the foil due to it being behind their hides.
I have insulated the shed walls using the foil insulation.

I have made the covers for my two outside hutches (rabbits) with foil insulation. A piece goes on the roof, the two sides and the back. All taped together with the foil insulation tape that goes with it.

no you don’t need to take it off as it is said to also keep it cool in summer.

I did put it inside the hutch. The ceiling, the floors and on the door. I also put some on the outside of the hutch. Plan on summer is to create a proper thermal cover for use in winter. I don’t take it off as it’s stapled on!

I have it taped (with the metal tape supplied with it for DIY use) to the outside walls of my hutch with the waterproof cover over the top. It stays on all year round. The hutch is outdoors in the summer and indoors from around October to April.

Back