Flys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazzas

New Born Pup
Reaction score
ive just bought 2 female 10 week old guinea pigs yesterday, they are in their outside hutch and of course they are scared still but they are starting to explore and are very nice and vocal at times! well i was giving them some grass today by hand (i know to not fuss them to much for a week or so) and as they came close and startingg to eat the grass my grey Abyssinian was itching and i can spot them little extremely tiny black flies/bugs on her, they are outside the cage aswell, i will purchase some fly spray thats safe for them asap but will they harm my guinea pigs in any way? thankyou .

Do you have any mesh type cover you can put over the front of their hutch? That way they still get light and ventilation, but the flys can't get in. That normally does the trick, but any warm weather will have loads of them around.

You can buy black net from a fabric shop and fix it to the front of hutch. Its really cheep.

I agree with above. Also try spot cleaning each day and taking out any wet patches you can see, it will help with the smell that's attracting the flies :)

Argh! I hate flies!
I got so fed up, I ended up getting some hanging sticky fly catchers and changing to fleece helps too :D

Argh! I hate flies!
I got so fed up, I ended up getting some hanging sticky fly catchers and changing to fleece helps too :D
they are extremely annoying haha! & i do have fleece in part of the cage so hopefully that helps, havnt seen many this past week anyway , thankyou! x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back