Flying Saucer Wheel

alf1et

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have a flying saucer wheel and I know some tips have said wheels are bad for a guinea pig but this is flat so would it help with exercise or is it too dangerous?

Wheels and balls of any kind are not suitable for guinea pigs at all and can cause severe spinal injuries. Please don't put the wheel in with them

could you post a picture? I can't think how you mean!
Like Lady Kelly says though, It's probably not safe

Please do not give this to your piggies! They have very delicate spines and legs so are easily injured.
Glad that you asked on the Forum before using!

Oh goodness please no. No flying saucers of any size. Not for piggies. A Syrian hamster would love the largest size! At least mine used to until I discovered silent spinner 30cm wheels.

Great for hamsters and other rodents and chinchillas, but not for poor piggies! I can only imagine the terror a piggy would have trying to stop the thing once it got it started. And the curve done to the spine...

A lovely big cage or pen to eat and scamper about in. Or free range time. That's a piggy dream. Oh, and a loving, dedicated slave of course to listen to every squeak and wheek...

Please do not under any circumstances use exercise balls, wheels, leashes or harnesses on piggies. Despite what the packaging on the merchandise may say they are NOT safe for piggies and can cause very serious spinal or other skeletal injuries. I’m so glad you asked as the packaging may lead you to believe it is safe, but it really isn’t.

Well done for researching on this great forum! As others have said wheels dont work for guinea pigs. A couple of my dwarf hamsters enjoy them in addition to their upright wheels. Not one to use on its own even for hamsters.

Never knew that chinchillas could have wheels ...

Back