• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Fluffed up or sick? Please help I'm so worried..

• Thread starter Thread starter Irene
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Irene

I went to feed the piggers this morning and I noticed that my piggie Star was really big. Not pregnant-big, I know that much, but it kinda looked like she was really fluffed up. It's been freezing here, even though it's Summer, but the piggies have a lot of hay. well is it possible that she's fluffed up to keep warm or is she sick? Please help I am really worried about her.. :'( :'(

Is she eating ok? When my Sheltie was sick he never fluffed up. They can fluff up with agression too. Is she is behaving the same as always?

Yeah shes eating, running around and popcorning.. and her and her mum get along beautifully, they've never had a fight. Its really cold here tho, so is it possible that she's just trying to keep warm?

she could be keeping warm. my piggers did that when we had no heating.

plus munchie does t every time he sleeps, but hes a fluffy boy anyway ;D ;D

Oh thank you all soooo much ive been worried out of my brains..I'm taking them all to the vet tomorrow just to make sure there all ok.

normally if they are ill and puffed up they won't eat, drink and don't move around they just sit very still in a puffed up ball.. so id say she's prob just keeping warm..

Well this morning it was really cold so I got some fluffy blankets and towels to put in their cage. Star went to the corner and snuggled next to her mum, and when she went to get a drink of water I noticed she wasnt puffed up anymore! :) I'm still taking them all to the vet later for a checkup. ;D

Irene i've just caught up with this thread........ :'( :'( :'(
OMG i'm so glad to read that Star is ok PHEW :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Yeah it was real cold leading up to chrissy particularly over night and wet too :(
Sending lots of piggie kisses for Star from Duke as well :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back