Floortime

vix16

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi all! First time posting.
I have 2 pairs of girls that live in a piggy palace 😂 It’s a 2x6 double stack. Buffy and Willow live on the top and Hilda and Zelda live on the bottom.

I try to get all of them out everyday but with two pairs (tried bonding them as a herd: TLDR - it didn’t work out) it’s a lot of work as I only have space for one pair to run at a time. I have to make sure they use different liners for floor time because if they smell each other, my boss pig Hilda starts attacking her sister Zelda. So it is a lot of cleaning every day…

How essential is it that they come out daily? Or am I overdoing it and making life hard for myself?!

TIA

Attachments

• IMG_1625.webp
    IMG_1625.webp
    81 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1710.webp
    IMG_1710.webp
    47.1 KB · Views: 4
Welcome to the forum

It’s not essential they come out daily particularly as they have a wonderful sized cage.
A couple of times a week for a change of scenery and a stretch of the legs is enough

I don't have anywhere in the house suitable for letting my guinea pigs have floor time - there's no space at all upstairs and downstairs is freezing in the summer never mind the winter. So instead they have as big a cage as I could give them, and they're not really missing out on the floor time because of it.

I agree. You could let them out on different days and if you use a different patterned liner for each pair so you know which one each had you wouldn't need to wash it every time.

Back