Floor time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jane

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
How do you do floor time for your piggies? Like, free range the room, C&C run, a playpen, run outside, run in a shed, never get floortime? Just curious :)

Jane

Hi! i try to give all of ours at least 30 mins a day.
Alice has some old carpet spread out in the hall for her because she doesnt like the wooden flooring (too slippy).
Wendy has the run of the lounge.
Dermot and Sean get the hall with a huge bath towel down to keep their toes warm!
All of them have plenty of tubes and hidey houses out to play in. :)

Mine go in a play pen 2 at a time, but sometimes they have free-range floor time with dangerous areas fenced off.

Mine go two at a time free range in the living room and the front rom and Ralf goes on his own lol xx

I do the same as Emma, although the girls live in a play pen in the day and go in a cage for the evening. :)

OH has put a divider up across the middle of the garage and at the door so the girls have one half and the boys the other.

They have around 10ft by 9 each section.

We put them in their for about 6 hours a day then they go back to bed in the pig shed at night, they have houses, tunnels and ob food and drink in with them when they are playing they love all the space. They have carpet as well on the floor to keep their feet warm.

They have plenty of room on the floor of their pig shed but they enjoy it better in the garage as its alot roomier. :smitten:

House piggy Murphy roams around the piggy proof bungalow as he likes he goes back to his cage when we go out/are at work and when we go to bed.

Mine are outside piggies and they have their own outdoor run which I try to let them go in every day outside if its warm/dry enough but if its too cold/wet then they go in the garage! They also come inside in the evening for cuddles and they sit watching tv with us in their little bed! ;D

mine live free range in the shed so all day/night is floor time. They have a nesting box filled with hay and covered with fleece blankets to hide in

I make barriers with old fireguards, sides of old runs etc and make mazes in the shed.

i used to put them in a run in the living room, but now their in a cage that is bigger than their run ::) so ive started letting them free range sometimes

I have pet fenced all the bottoms of the cages and used the side of the run that isnt in use due to the weather across the door and they then take in turns to run around the shed whilst I am in there.

Mine only get it in the spring and early autumn, because in the summer they can go in the run and in the winter they cant come in because of the temperature differences.
They have the zooplus small animal pen and I use it to corner off a large section of my living room
Pets004.jpg
[/img]
Heres Milly and Trixie enjoying one this autumn

They do, but unfortunately they cant have one until the weather warms up :(
I love to see them popcorning and playing when they do though :)

Mine live in my large summer house in the summer (it's got proper windows & doors & they are under lock and key) - they get free run of the place during the day & love running around, going in and out of their hutch as they please (they get random cuddles too)

In the summer, they have a 6ft x 6ft run so we move the hutch into there (in a sheltered part of my garden, with a net to stop anything getting in) & they love running around and munching on the summer grass and dandelion leaves that we pick for them, during the day.

Mine get a couple of hours floor time every day, they get free run of the hallway and popcorn like crazy when they are out ;D

goldilocks said:
mine live free range in the shed so all day/night is floor time. They have a nesting box filled with hay and covered with fleece blankets to hide in
Mine do the same..free to run about in or out allday via cat flap from heated shed ,but they are shut in shed atfter dark.

Racheylcg said:
Mine only get it in the spring and early autumn, because in the summer they can go in the run and in the winter they cant come in because of the temperature differences.
They have the zooplus small animal pen and I use it to corner off a large section of my living room
Pets004.jpg
[/img]

I was inspired by this and fenced off part of my utility room like this today. I'd never really given them floor time before, and they weren't very keen but hopefully we'll get there eventually!

Looks like fun to me! I bet they'll enjoy it soon. (I've got one of those corner dishes, just spotted that).

Did they actually wee on that newspaper though ;D

Lizzie71 said:
Racheylcg said:
Pets004.jpg
[/img]

I was inspired by this and fenced off part of my utility room like this today. I'd never really given them floor time before, and they weren't very keen but hopefully we'll get there eventually!

Mine were just the same, but the key is to give them a range of hidey houses and toys and be consistent. Hopefully they'll start popcorning around soon :)

Jillybean said:
Looks like fun to me! I bet they'll enjoy it soon. (I've got one of those corner dishes, just spotted that).

Did they actually wee on that newspaper though ;D

Yep I noticed they were only soiling that part of the floor so I put newspaper down and luckily they used it :)

Lizzie71, it takes a while for pigs to adjust to floor time, because big open spaces are quite scary! They love it when they come round to the idea though, and start popcorning into the air! Keep trying, and show us pictures! O0

I have a playpen for mine and they usually get out for between 30mins - 2 hours. Did try letting them have free roam but that was too much hassle trying to pen off areas that they weren't allowed to go. :)

Ours get to go in the garden on the grass, we have to put them in a covered pen though as otherwise, if you try to give them the whole garden, they just run behnd a plant pot and stay there all the time.
They also get floor time in our room. I have grids that I make up into a playpen to keep them safe. Or we sometimes just let them run free in the room as long as we are closely supervising.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back