Floor time - seeing eachother through cage

Vicky2021

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have 4 sows (one set 1.5 years, one set 2-3 years both have dominant sows)

I give them floor time, the issue is the c&c cage is double height and on the floor so the top 2 have today been running around on the floor and can see into the cage of the bottom 2. They all seem slightly obsessed with eachother 😅

Is it ok they can see eachother but not be together? I’ve put the top 2 back in their cage as this isn’t an introduction and I don’t want them to feel sad they can’t all be in one cage!

Any advice appreciated, can’t see anything online, introducing is different but seeing each other through the cage I’m unsure of this

Hi all,

I have 4 sows (one set 1.5 years, one set 2-3 years both have dominant sows)

I give them floor time, the issue is the c&c cage is double height and on the floor so the top 2 have today been running around on the floor and can see into the cage of the bottom 2. They all seem slightly obsessed with eachother 😅

Is it ok they can see eachother but not be together? I’ve put the top 2 back in their cage as this isn’t an introduction and I don’t want them to feel sad they can’t all be in one cage!

Any advice appreciated, can’t see anything online, introducing is different but seeing each other through the cage I’m unsure of this

No problem.
I have lots of piggies (sows with or without a neutered boar) in flexible pens on the ground floor and on table cages; they time share the remaining open area and say hello to each other. Sows and neutered boars living with sows are fine.

Boars are fine to roam around other boar cages.

No problem.
I have lots of piggies (sows with or without a neutered boar) in flexible pens on the ground floor and on table cages; they time share the remaining open area and say hello to each other. Sows and neutered boars living with sows are fine.

Boars are fine to roam around other boar cages.
Ah great thank you!

Even when they’re up against the cage together? 😂

Attachments

• E9C7BBD2-60CE-4E43-BAA9-A512BC9CD785.webp
    E9C7BBD2-60CE-4E43-BAA9-A512BC9CD785.webp
    27.7 KB · Views: 8
Back