Floor Time not going well

• Thread starter Thread starter Kiki42
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kiki42

I have 2 guine pigs that I got about 4 weeks ago. When I put them in the living room for floor time all they do is make squeaky noises and huddle together and pee. I have been doing this for days now and they just won't move. I have tried food, toys, encouargement but nothing seems to work. They are both females and 2 years old if that helps. What should I do so they can get their excersize?

Buy or make a proper exercise run. Guineas don't like big open spaces, so they are probably frightened of being in a room they don't know. get a run and put lots of places for the to hide in, tubes, pigloos etc.....

Mine don't move either when they are placed somewhere they don't know or feel safe, but in their run, they run about like they own the place ;D

Two of my piggies use the whole living room as their run, but when spooked by a loud noise or smething, take refuge under the couch. My other two do what yours do though, so I use spare cube grids and link them together to make a temporary run and put their hidey house in it. They will run around happily when it is just me here, but when the kids are home, they just hide. Can't say I blame them...wish there was room for me ;D ;D ;D

OK thanks so much! I will make a run for them as they need to lose some excess weight ;D

Thanks for your answers Guinea-Tia-Flossie and lavenderjade! :D

my two piggies would do the same when i first put them out for floor time, just sit in the house together.

we now set them up a little city with lots of long tunnels made from carpet and newspaper and other hidey holes. they seem a lot more at ease now but tend to stay to the centre of the room where we have all the tunnels but they run in and out of the tunnels so get good exercise.

I find a big pile of grass is just TOO irresistible for them! One comes out, then the other, and so on ...

I would say try putting things in middle of floor,

God i put allsorts like shoe boxes even shoes anything thats different they just run around them like an assult course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back