floor for a c&c cage?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jennifer1990
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jennifer1990

i was just wondering what everyone else uses for their c&c cage as i will be putting the cage in the garage when i get the door fixed but will also be putting in a heater to keep my piggies warm was just wondering what the best thing to use in these circumstances to keep them extra snug?

correx is used for the floor! do you mean bedding? like fleece, newspaper and hay?

If you mean instead of correx, try lino. Works for me!

If you mean bedding, vetbed is snuggly, and loads of hay to snuggle into will keep them warm!

no i actuallymean the floor itself lol so they have something to stand on not the bedding

where would i get the correx from to get made the size i want?

or ebay O0

i bought it in sheets from ebay then cut it to shape/size and used black insulation tape to stick it all together. worked great O0

Travis Perkins (the builders supplier) do the best deals, it is easy to cut and approx 5.28 for a large sheet (2440mm X 1230mm) the trade name is CORREX and the stock number is (864547)

they do it in black and TRANSLUCENT BUT DONT GET THE FLAME RETARDENT VARIETY

Hope this helps

::)

thanks everyone i saw quite a few for sale on ebay so i will see how big a sheet i need then buy some :)

the sheets on ebay were to small for my c&c, also delivery is expensive :)

I'm finding correx a pain to get, some signmakers say they don't use it and the ones that do want to sell it for twice the price! (as i only want one sheet)

I use it indoors, but I don't see why it would be any different from correx for in a garage. If you feel that they will get cold from the cold floor, you could put a couple of blankets or a piece of old carpet under the lino? Just an idea!

yeah i was goin to do somthing like tht just to keep them nice and snug i will c wot i can find if i cant find anything in the house i will buy some cheap blankets expecially for them ;D

Damonshumanslave said:
Why not the flame retardent stuff?

I would say that whatever chemical used to treat the correx to make it flame retardent would not be any good to piggies should they nibble on the correx.....all my piggies do!

My husband is making me a base for my cc cage out of wood and will have a stand :)

Jennifer1990 said:
thanks everyone i saw quite a few for sale on ebay so i will see how big a sheet i need then buy some :)

you dont have to buy one sheet the correct size. you can save so much money by buying a pack of smaller sheets and cutting them to fit together, and using insulating tape works well keeping it all together

i got mine from ebay and saved a lot of money by going for smaller sheets

I'm not sure what I'm going to use for the floor I'm edging towards having wood for my base then having blankets on top og that then lino on top of that for easy cleaning O0

If you always have ideas, would you like to help with my xmas shopping?

I wasnt going to get my Dad a present, but my sister has, so now I have to! He never buys one for me!

I have no idea what to get him. He has no hobbies or interests, except skiving off work.

He smokes in secret, when his OH isnt there, so if I got him smokes she would see.

He doesnt drink.

He hates football!

Deary me, he really is a pain in the bottom!

hmmmmm that really is a tough one i will have to think on that one :-\

well my dad likes football so i just got him his team 2008 annual and smellys ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back