Flies! Ugh!

piggles 7000

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I think that because of all the damp and humidity this Summer there seem to be more flies around than usual. Even cleaning out my indoor piggie cages daily isnt stopping loads of flies coming into the house-so annoying! Does anyone have any tips on repelling flies which are safe to use near piggies.Ive been using bunches of lavender from the garden- obviously not in the cages-the room smells lovely and not too strong. The flies dont seem to mind it though and are still coming in. Grr!

I use fly stickers on the windows, they look a bit like sunflowers. The best ones are the ones the flies get stuck too.
We have just come out the other end of a fly problem, after a dead bird fell down the chimney. 🤢

I use fly stickers on the windows, they look a bit like sunflowers. The best ones are the ones the flies get stuck too.
We have just come out the other end of a fly problem, after a dead bird fell down the chimney. 🤢
That must have been horrible:vom: Glad its come to an end

I bought an indoor bug zapper. I keep it on a high kitchen counter and in a different room than the piggies. It's only on when I notice a bug in the house. (The piggies don't go in the kitchen and are only out of their cage if I'm watching them so I think it's safe to use).

Not sure if it would work for flies but it works for wasps. Half fill a jar with water, put some jam on the inside around the rim, carefully put a few holes in the lid of the jar put some jam on the underside of the lid, screw the lid on the jar. The flies (or wasps) are attracted to the jam, go inside the jar to get to the jam, fall in the water and drown.

Back