Fleece

• Thread starter Thread starter jediquigley
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jediquigley

i am in the process of building a C & C cage for my boys

i was planning on getting vetbed for the floor cover rather than wood sharvings which i use now but vetbed is pretty expensive

i have just been on the www.cavycages.com website and saw a whole thred on using fleece as a floor cover with towls and newspaper, does anyone here use fleece? just wondering what people thought, as i guess it would be a lot cheaper than vetbed.

I use fleece :) I put a few layers of newspaper, some towels then a layer of fleece on top. It works great, I pick out the poos every day or two and it's never been wet on the surface. Some people say they have to clean it out a lot but I clean it once a week, I shake it out outside (to get rid of any poos, hay, hairs etc but i try to pull them of first of course) and bung it in the washing machine. I think it works great :D

Jane said:
I use fleece :) I put a few layers of newspaper, some towels then a layer of fleece on top. It works great, I pick out the poos every day or two and it's never been wet on the surface. Some people say they have to clean it out a lot but I clean it once a week, I shake it out outside (to get rid of any poos, hay, hairs etc but i try to pull them of first of course) and bung it in the washing machine. I think it works great :D

Oh great! considering how bloody messy my pigs are I'm going to go to the shops and get some fleece blankets now!

Thanks! :)

well i think its fleece instead of vetbed then to save myself some money as with grids and coroplast my cage will cost me £60 so far

Laura

Yep... I'm def getting some fleece blankets!
It would keep the pigs warmer too wouldnt it?
Also when they run around it wouldnt make as much noise ;D

it wouldnt make as much mess either - when my boys pop the sawdust goes flying!

;D my lot tip their bowls over and eventually it falls out the sides so when cleaning time comes it takes twice as long :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back