Fleece

• Thread starter Thread starter Sophie1307
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sophie1307

All the pigs are going to be going on fleece soon instead of shavings! :)
But I was wondering...what should I put under the fleece to make it more comfy for their feet?

Some people use newspaper on the bottom and then either puppy pads or a mattress protector.If you've got a 99p store near you they do puppy pads.You could put old towels on top of the puppy pads as well.I tried fleece blankets but found it harder to keep clean so I went for Profleece which is fab.A lot of people use blankets though and have no problems. O0

Yep just newspaper under Profleece. If you don't get on with blankets give it a try it's like a big fluffy rug!

I use newspaper under the blankets just make sure the blankets are tucked under the cage lid otherwise they'll eat the paper. In the hutch I just use fleece at the mo, as Twinks was eating the paper. Going to get some puppy pads though they sound better! :)

Thankyou :)
I'd need about 15 metres though, so I think it's going to be quite expensive.
I found 20 metres on ebay for £169 so I could just stick with the shavings until next march. :-\

You should be able to get vet bed much cheaper than that about £30 for a ten metre roll,on e bay.

I was going to use fleece as bedding but when I presented the idea to my mum she said that it would get too smelly. 98)

I used fleece for the first time in one of my cages about three days ago and I love it ;D
only took about 30 mins to handwash and dry. I'm not allowed to use the washing machine or tumble dryer. So I had to handwash it, rinse it out and hairdry it. Wasn't too hard though!
Some of the cage is still woodshavings and hay, I didn't buy enough fleece the other day.
I thought half a metre was enough, obviously not! ;D

Anyway, Austin and Nellie in their 4 x 2 hutch with part fleece and part hay/shavings:
Image025.jpg

(sorry about the random poop in the middle of the fleece ;D )

Oh sophie that looks sooo nice in there :D
any other piccies of how your shed looks now with the hutches etc in there as your always changing it ;D

I changed it again.
Will get some pics when it doesn't look so messy in there ;D . Hopefully getting some grids soon, so i'll post pics when they are up! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back