Fleece Washing

Tilly92

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have a couple of fleece liners , I wash (with a non bio capsule)in a dog bed wash bag but they are very bulky and i realised that they are too bulky to spin effectively .Without the bag the washer is hairy ! What do you do ?

Unfortunately I just clean out hay every time I wash my fleeces. But I was advised by a handyman to have my washer and sump pump checked yearly for buildup so as not to have a clog.

I have two wash bags and split the washing in half. It still all goes into the same wash just in two separate bags.

Or I’d do two separate washes for each liner if they are really big.

When you say they don't spin effectively do you mean the washing machine struggling, or just them getting out wet? I had 1 liner with a waterproof backing, but it would come out soaking wet even after spinning because the backing would keep the water in during the spin cycle so I now only use liners without waterproof layers.

If the problem is the machine struggling: I also split my piggy laundry over 2 or 3 wash bags so the machine can better balance the load.

I stopped using big liners an went over to using several smaller ones and noodle mats, my machine wouldn't balance with big liners.

Back