Fleece users, how many liners do you own, how many pigs, and how often do you do laundry or run out of liners?

4boipigs

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
I have 4 boars and I am fostering a fifth. The 4 are 'singles', they live one divided 'pair' to a cage. The foster (also a volatile young male) lives in his own cage. I have 11 fleece liners. I have a few for back up, that are thinner or not big enough and aren't used often. I also have MANY potty pads.

I usually do laundry twice a week.

I feel like now that I have a fifth pig, the foster, I am at my limit for 'enough' fleece to get them thru a week. Depending on how dirty they get and their own unique habits such as a boar that only potties in a corner, I am changing everything once to twice a week.

I have 4 boars and I am fostering a fifth. The 4 are 'singles', they live one divided 'pair' to a cage. The foster (also a volatile young male) lives in his own cage. I have 11 fleece liners. I have a few for back up, that are thinner or not big enough and aren't used often. I also have MANY potty pads.

I usually do laundry twice a week.

I feel like now that I have a fifth pig, the foster, I am at my limit for 'enough' fleece to get them thru a week. Depending on how dirty they get and their own unique habits such as a boar that only potties in a corner, I am changing everything once to twice a week.
i got enough for 2.5 changes... all thick 3 layered fleeces (fleece uhaul blanket fleece). i got two females in two cages. one cage has 2 fleeces that are perfect fits for the cage. the other cage has like 8 or so fleeces that are the proper width but only 2 feet long each. i use 3 smaller ones to fill out that cage. my method is one sets in the cages anothers being washed same time as I'm cleaning and another couple of panel extra in case emergencies or if i wanna set up an area for them to walk around outside their cage or line their pet carrier with.

I have 2 sows, I have enough fleece, bobble mats and pee pads for 3 changes. I do a full change out every 4/5 days.

I have a boar and two sows in a 5x2 C&C. I have two liners and four sets of pee pads for the 'high traffic' areas; I change the liner every 6-7 days and the pee pads every couple of days. This works out to two loads of laundry in one day each week, including accessories. I would like to invest in another liner and set of pee pads though, just for convenience.

Edit: All liners and pee pads are the kind with an absorbant layer sandwiched between two layers of fleece 👍🏻

I have 2 boars in a 6x2 with a 2x2 extension on the side. I’ve got 3 3x2 fleeces, 5 2x2 and several bobble mats and pee pads. Enough for one set in the cage, one set in the wash and one set ‘just in case’ 🤣. I also have 2 4x2 fleeces that I made but find them bulky in the washing machine as they’ve got double layered absorbent stuff inside. My extensive collection of fleeces is largely due to originally just being the holiday home for piggies so had to double up! I do a full change every 3 or 4 days.

I have two pairs and all I’ll say is I‘m drowning in fleece 😆
I know that feeling. Although I have come close to running out of pee pads at times when I can't get washing dry.
I have 4 piggies at the moment, 2 cages 5x3 grids and I cage 4x2 with a 5x1 attachment. I have 10 3x2 liners and 15 1x2, 15 bobble mats, 5 2x2 and about 25 pee pads of various sizes. If I run out of main cage liners and can make up jigsaw puzzles of smaller sizes! I change the main liners every 5-6 days, pee pads mostly daily sometimes every other if they don't feel damp. Hay goes on top of bobble mats that need changing every 2 days as they pee a lot whilst eating hay.
One set of 4 3x2 liners are only used in an emergency as I'm trying to keep them nice so that when I'm down to 2 piggies and 1 cage I'll have a decent set to use. All right so I can dream!

We started with 3 full changes of pads for a 2x4 C&C. Made up of various sizes. One to use, one to wash and one for spare.

Now we have a blanket chest full of fleece pads,and bath mats for 2 boys living side by side. Its quite often a jigsaw puzzle style in the boys homes, they each have slightly wonky homes, equivalent to 2x4 each. I try not to wash pig fleeces, but fail and find myself doing a wash usually every other day of small pee pads & bath mats, just to stop us running out. The big base ones get changed once a week.

Back